This is a list of reports of independent research AI Impacts has done. It is not a full list of independent research because until 2022, independent research was primarily written up in pages that became the AI Impacts Wiki, rather than in reports.
- When Will AI Exceed Human Performance? Evidence from AI Experts by Katja Grace, John Salvatier, Allan Dafoe, Baobao Zhang, and Owain Evans, 3 May 2018 (arXiv, JAIR).
- Why has Geoengineering been Rejected? by Jeffrey Heninger, 16 December 2022 (link).
- Chaos and Intrinsic Unpredictability by Jeffrey Heninger and Aysja Johnson, 31 March 2023 (link).
- Alexander Fleming and Antibiotic Resistance by Harlan Stewart, 5 April 2023 (link).
- Response to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration’s AI Accountability Policy Request for Comment by Harlan Stewart and Rick Korzekwa, 13 June 2023 (link).
- Standards Case Study: Institutional Review Boards by Jeffrey Heninger, 8 September 2023 (link).